We have teamed up with Sipho Tati, a resident of Soweto, to offer a fascinating Soweto bicycle tour. Sipho is passionate about riding, bicycle repair and teaching the community how to ride, no matter your age or gender! A tour with Sipho will take you through different neighborhoods of Soweto. You'll have a chance to speak and spend time with locals in their various community centres. Make sure to bring sunscreen and some positive vibes.
Soweto Bicycle Tour Price:
- A bike to ride
- Visit the bustling Vilakazi street and in particular number 8115, Mandela's home now turned into a museum
- A visit to the community garden
- A visit to the community library & artwork centre
- Check out Sipho's bicycle training & repair shop - where all the magic happens!
- Enjoy a drink/light meal at the local shebeen (pub) and/or local brewery
- Your very own professional Sowetan guide, Sipho himself
- Visit the Hector Peterson Museum
- Bungee jump off the Orlando West towers
- Transport to and from Soweto (can be arranged at additional cost)
If there's something particular you'd like to see in Soweto please let us know and we'll arrange it for you.